Originally Posted By: A. Steele
The award for the kids who travel all over looking for the best competition is the improvement the get throught the year and winning the state tournament. Let's not create awards for the sake of giving more kids awards.

1st. I take the award for sake of awards comment the wrong way everytime. I just don't see it as that! Call it a prize or a title or an award or whatever you want. The intent is to incentivize wrestlers to get out into our state and find the good/new competition more regularly. Good kids wrestling good kids makes great champions! Not all the kids in this state are the die hard beast that we want them to be. A majority of them love the recognition and awards! If they were all the beast we wanted them to be then we wouldnt need medals or tournaments for that matter! We would lock them in a padded room for 3 months and let them out to wrestle a 168 man bracket at state and call that kid the champion

2nd. If the parents are the medal mongers that you say they all are then this series idea is a no brainer and will work like a charm.

I listened to a few of you about asking the kids and I did that. Ive been seeing wrestlers from different clubs around the ball fields and I have NOT had one kid say that this is not an awesome idea. Wait... take that back!!! All one kid said was "Ya that would be kinda cool".