You just have to see what happens to kids that wrestle Freestyle and Greco in the summer. I'll give one example, and there are many more like him:

Bradley Little, Derby, who probably has no idea who I am, was borderline fish not too many years ago. I remember watching this red headed kid out there taking his lumps at every FS GR tourney I went to. But he kept coming back. These last few years he has emerged as one of the top tier kids in the state. If Bradley is out there reading this, I hope he doesn't take offense to the fish comment. All kids have been there at some point, I use h im as an example because he proves that it is "never too late".

The physicality, the technique, the grueling, "if there is no action we start over" facet, is paying off huge dividends for him, and many others, including my son. If you have a kid that has a problem with "roughing people up", have him wrestle FS GR, and his whole style will change. Have him "survive" a trip to Schoolboy, Cadet, or Junior duals, or Fargo, and he will feel so much better about himself, knowing that he is making himself better, whether he is winning or losing his FS GR matches.

There are several great FS GR clubs around town, so being close to one isn't an issue, at least in the Wichita area.