Originally Posted By: bockman
ok so you take a kid who may wrestle 6-8 months of folkstyle and then you take a kid who wrestles 4 months of folkstyle and 2 months of freestyle and greco. which is better for they type of wrestling they will be doing in highschool and to get a college scholarship. somebody made up the award for the triple crown didnt they. it didnt just jump out there on its own. so while you dump on this series thing and try to make freestyle and greco out to be something more than it is I really dont think it has any more credability than the series. half the kids arent doing it while the series would be during the season and with all the normal kids involved. Like I said im not knocking freestyle and greco im knocking the fact that you guys keep saying the series is just another award and has no credability. same can be said about freestyle and greco triple crowns. I hope in the future my kid decides to do it but for me I have 4 other kids to put into that equation and other sports so the way its set up now I see no way for that to happen and find time for my kid to be a kid.

Scott I don't think anybody is dumping on this series thing they are just saying Kansas folksyle wrestling is fine without it but we need to grow kansas freesyle and greco wrestling. Time after time on this forum you have said how you want Kansas to be dominant on the National Scene and growing our freestyle and greco programs in this state is a big part of getting to and or staying at that level. Winning a state title in one style is a big accomplishment winning all three styles is huge and deserves to be recognized.

Last edited by dagwood; 04/13/10 08:55 PM.

Darren Newton