Shortening Folkstyle season has been talked about for years, but it never happens.

Don't take offense to this, but it almost sounds like you are talking yourself happy about the path you are taking your kid down. I've done the same thing, only to figure out later I should have listened to advice that I ignored. I am not saying you are wrong about letting him play baseball/ letting him be a kid. The relaxed atmosphere at FS GR practice will not burn him out. The relaxed atmosphere at the tourneys will not burn him out. You wrestle what you weigh, so for most kids, the weight management is taken out of it. The stakes increase at state, Southern Plains, but most certainly at the duals and Fargo, which your son is a long ways away from. I AM saying you are wrong about FS GR not helping folkstyle. And I understand why you might feel that way, because you haven't seen what it has done to kids that you have followed for years like myself and many others have. I can also point to MANY HS kids that, going into HS, you would have sworn were locks to win a state title, or multiple state titles, that may have gotten complacent, and didn't do FS GR, and left their senior years without that state title that looked so achievable when they entered HS.

Last edited by doug747; 04/13/10 11:18 PM.