You know Chad...
I might be willing to wave the white flag on this series thing if you can address a few of my concerns and give me a brief preview of some of the things you plan to do next year to improve the sport (especially in D2). We talk about making KS wrestling better but these are real issues that make me shake my head every year. I’m not calling you out, I’m asking you because I know you will shoot me straight, you took your position to make an impact and we are friends.

1. I feel the tournament schedule is so jammed packed that a lot of the tournaments competition is diluted. How do we address this? CoOping smaller clubs? More novice events on Sundays? Trying not to have clubs hold 2 or 3 tournaments in the same season? Have a district tournament Coordinator?

2. I think someone should try to get Park City and Hays on different weekends. This would help people travel to other districts and see the best the whole state has to offer. Is there anyone (including yourself) willing to try to approach these people and see if this is do able?

3. There are issues in some of the weight classes. The bottom weights of 8U is filled with 6U kids but every year we are turning away good wrestlers that can’t wrestle their own age and weight class because they are too big. There are more true 8U kids that could fill a 140 pound Heavy Weight bracket then true 8U kids at 40/43/46 pounds.

4. How do we improve FS/GR numbers? I got to say that I dont think we could shorten the folkstyleseason any more then it already is. If we did it would add 2 or 3 more tournaments to every week of an already over crowded schedule!

Number 1 and 2 are my biggest concerns and motivation for pushing a series. Number 3 will always be my biggest pet peeve and number 4 is an issue that I think this thread has done a great job of shedding some light on to! If someone could give some ideas as to how to resolve these then maybe we could put this series idea on hold. If not, then either you are saying these are not real concerns OR maybe you would have to step back and try to support a series because doing something is better than doing NOTHING!!!