I just have one question, who called the Truce? I have been following this thread since its inception.

I haven't been participating much because we have been a little busy (High School track for the oldest, Jr High track and club soccer for my second oldest not to mention competing as an alternate at the MS Dual Nationals, youth soccer and a music concert for my 6 year old, and chasing the 3 year old wherever he goes). Just finished 5 1/2 months of wrestling Jr High and Kids (78 matches). Oh, and I forgot, my job driving an hour each direction and my wife running her daycare, taking kids to school, picking up from track practice, taking to soccer practice (twice a week in the same day after school), going to the track meets if we can fit them in, and so on, and so on. This weekend, baseball try outs for the second son. T-ball soon to follow for the third son. Still chasing the 3 year old wherever he goes. Almost forgot, the oldest two getting their homework done so they can continue to pull good grades. Almost forgot, oldest son competing in High School soccer and marching band in the fall/winter season.

Would my son be a better wrestler if he did Greco and Freestyle during the summer? I know that he would. Do we have time for him to do it? I don't think so. Will he be a solid High School wrestler? I think he will compete very well. Anyone who knows anything about wrestling knows that Greco and Freestyle would make a wrestler better. The reason they have not grown, at least in my opinion, is because families are stretched to the limit already. Having a kid wrestle year around is also a grind, if you have that option. For us, and I am sure many others, that is why we don't compete in the Greco and Freestyle season. I love wrestling, I wish my son could be the best, but I realize that our family has commitments to all four of our boys, and we need to be involved with all of them as much as we can.

If this thread sounds like it goes on and on, non-stop, chaotic, rambling, rumbling and bumbling, well that is what our lives feel like 24/7, 365.

Lee Girard