My observation… throughout this thread, the intention has been to help Kansas wrestling become stronger and more competitive. I am indifferent to a series and simply see it as an honest attempt to do something for kids. It will not influence our decision on where to go on the weekends, but it may others. I guess I see it as no harm, no foul, JMO.

Throughout this thread, it’s been expressed over and over that the way to strengthen Kansas wrestling is not through a series, but rather the increased participation in FS/Greco. It seems that whether a family can make it work or not, the timing of the season is tough for many. We competed in several tournaments and state last year, and are trying to fit practices in this year. So yes, I am biased and it is a struggle for us this time of the year. I'm not complaining as we chose to make it work last year and are simply choosing to make an attempt this year. Shortening the season by a month, as odd it may seem actually hurt us, but it’s not about us, or any other individual family, it’s about strengthening the participation in these styles.

I guess, my question, if we agree that it will help Kansas kids, how do we strengthen FS/Greco? We know one obstacle is when the season occurs, are there others? Are there things that can be done to sustain the current participation, while bringing in some of the others?

Not sure of the etiquette, so if I need to move this to another thread, please let me know.

Michael Doud

Michael Doud