The one thing that I see stressed over and over is that the State Series is enough and we don't need a KS Series. To me this gives the state series way too much credit. Anytime people are being excluded from participation from such an event then it is not entirely legitimate in my opinion. Granted nothing is perfect and people are doing the best they can, but still some things are glaringly obvious here. Go to a couple of National Tournaments and you start to grow up a little bit. KS has some great wrestling going on but if you think the state series is tough then you are mistaken and misguided.

Aside from that there is money or the lack of it. I would much rather travel and spend money on an event where I know I am going wrestle in my own age group and in my own weight class as to travel somewhere and just hope that someone shows up and find out 20 min before the tournament starts if I'm going to be bumped up an age/weight group or not. Not all of us have deep pockets and can take a chance like that every weekend. This is why I think the series would be beneficial. It is more likely to draw people from different areas of the state or out of state who might not otherwise get a chance to wrestle thereby creating more matches that would not be available otherwise. Thus saving people time and money in an otherwise expensive sport. This is the reality of a series. You can have as many club meets as you want and crowd up the weekends with 7 tournaments all across the state, but the kids who want to wrestle against the tough kids and have some matches will be at the Series Tournaments where the real action will be if they want to get better.

I can see why some of the club tournament directors would be shy of wanting a series to happen. They'd have to admit that their tournament wasn't the best one to be at that weekend. Big pill to swallow I guess. That is why everyone should be making strides to ensure that when the Series becomes a reality that they get their house in order and make it happen for their club. Otherwise, they will be losing out on a great wrestling day.

FS/Greco, we would love to do it and would prob be successful at it as well. We aren't doing anything right now sport wise till AAU track starts up. Problem is that we have to travel an hour one way to practice with anyone and we really can't afford that. So unless someone wants to sponsor him or find a different way to get in some practices. We are just plain stuck. I really don't think we are all that different from most people out there. There is a will but the way is either too difficult or unrealistic for the common man or for those who live outside of the big cities. That is why I advocated running the season concurrently with Folkstyle in some way. That way you'd get the best of both worlds and still get it done in a timely fashion using the facilities that are already being utilized.

Thanks, Troy

Fortune assists the daring.