1. I DO NOT want to see an unlimited heavy weight class!
There is a much needed readjustment of the heavier weights. We are leaving good KS kids at home every weekend because they are too big. A few of them are some of the best in the country in the national tournaments. We can pool the kids at the heavier weights. If there are enough kids in the allowed weight differential to fill a state bracket more than half way then I say let them wrestle.

Originally Posted By: sportsfan02

Yeah, I'm sure Oklahoma has some good little tournaments. Then again, so does Kansas. The thing Kansas has more of is the smaller tournaments. Those exact same tournaments the series will put out of business if it was established. Now we can argue about this back and forth forever but that is the opinion of myself and others. You guys can glorify Oklahoma and all it does in wrestling but I believe our state is superior, particularly at the youth level.

2. I’m not glorifying Oklahoma at all! They have something that works and we can copy and make better! Plus, I have already proven in this thread that KS has too many tournaments and it is diluting the competition week in and week out! We need to have some clubs not do multiple tournaments! We need some of the smaller ones try to Co-op! We need some to switch from a small open to a Sunday novice!

Just because your first idea gets shot down doesn't mean you have to quit giving back!

3. All you do is shoot down ideas! How do you consider that giving back? You have a lot of wrestling knowledge but until you post your name and stop being negatives ALL THE TIME... You have no credibility!

of course nobody would be forced, and it hasn't been suggested that they would be forced. Instead it will happen by natural progression and totally unintended, but it will happen none the less.

4. All you are saying here is that the series idea will work and it will drive all the best competition to its tournaments every week. I’m saying we won’t have a series tournament every week to leave room for the smaller guy. We are not talking about adding tournaments. We are talking about taking existing tournaments and using them as a part of the series. If they continue to grow then they can Co-op with smaller clubs and become 2 day events! This is what one of the Sprawl organizers told me they plan to do this year! They will let smaller clubs come in and use them as a fundraiser in return for their support and man power!
And don’t start yelling about the cost of 2 day events! Clubs do 2 or 3 of these in OK each year. Maybe they can skip one and support KS wrestling. Maybe all those OK kids will start coming here instead!