Luellen,

Being that we've been more or less forced to wrestle down that way for the last few years. I might just be a little inclined to agree with that sentiment. Would rather wrestle closer to home but the KS rules push us away. Who's fault it that??

OK, ain't perfect either but they do offer us a level field and more competition. Frankly, we were told to wrestle in OK a few years back right here on this message board by several people whom I felt had a better outlook on the sport than I did. So guess what we actually followed that advice and it has paid off big time. So we didn't turn against KS wrestling on anything, we did what we were told.

Mike Pirl,

At this point there isn't any steadfast rule on what would or could be done with awards one way or the other. Might just be a nifty certificate, who really knows. That would placate the "Bling" haters, I guess. Sponsorship could play a role in that. So throwing out figures at this point is not really doing anything but trying to scare people off the idea in my opinion. I viewed your post as being extremely antagonistic so I am sure others saw it that way as well. You may have some legitimate concern in that regard, so I apologize if I am wrong.

I do think OK has a good model for a series but feel we should not copy 100%. We should make an effort to develop our own goals and criteria for what we think is beneficial to the development of the sport in this state when the series is being implemented. That will be decided by others and not by me. If we don't like it we will just wrestle in OK as we've been doing.

I agree w/ Lance that this shouldn't be about the money. At best it should break even and or could be a fund raiser for something else. National Teams, Middle School Duals, Freestlye/Greco. Who, how, when and why hasn't been decided, so it is all sorta wait and see at this point.

Now on the Sprawls, they have already begun the process of promotion as they have already announced their change of dates this April, so I guess that's really a dead issue. I am not affiliated with them at all, so where they go from here is on them. I truthfully hope that they will get this event to a level that it will rival the WOW series, as that would be a benefit to KS wrestling. Thanks, Troy

Fortune assists the daring.