Good Catch there Chad!!!
I should of been more clear!
With the idea of the series driving more competition, we are looking for more competition NOW! You are right. With our schedule (very close to yours) we didnt get to see the best on a regular basis. It was our schedule and the lack of people traveling outside their own walls that made us see the same kids over and over.

Were we looking for competition at the tournaments we went to???
Weighed an avg of 105 pounds
We wrestled
10U 110 for most of the year! At this weight we had multiple state champions and state runner ups each and every week.

12 110 when we double dipped in a few KS and OK tournaments.

10U 120 a few times plus we also had a few combined brackets. Giving up over 15% of your body weight can be tough!

12U 105 got to see Jaymez Turner! That was a butt whooping!

10U 100 towards the end of the season TF the state runner up!
Pinned the kid that took 5th. So for state we moved back up to 110 and weighed in at 102 at state cause in our opinion thats where the toughest competition was.

We looked for it and we found it from time to time! But it was the lack of travel within our own state that hurt us in the end. We didnt go see the D1 and D4 kids and they didnt come see us. Crossing those district lines a few more times a year will only make for stronger wrestlers.
I hope that the series would encourage that.
Thats the main focus behind the series. Motivate, encourage, entice, reward (you pick the word) kids and clubs to seek out the great competition with in KS on a more regular basis.
I wish we would all just do it on our own but we can't and we don't.
WHY DON'T WE????
We try to stay loyal to the clubs close to us so that when our tournament rolls around hopefully they are loyal to us!
There is the cost of money and time that is involved in travel.
Plus there are some kids that consistantly take 1st within their little area and why would they want to venture out and risk that?
The series is that incentive!