Maybe the interpretation is going astray here. Most clubs in KS don't send their entire club to Hays, Park City, Salina, Derby, etc.. as these are considered tough tournaments. Some do but that is because it is either close for them or they have a part in it.

Most clubs send in what they think would be their toughest kids who can compete to these tougher meets. A lot of clubs out West send some of their studs to Wichita to get in some serious mat time way before state time. That's not by accident, that's by design. Why shouldn't we encourage the same to go to them. I bet Ulysses or Liberal would love to host a series tournament and have some Wichita or KC area kids come their way once in awhile. Do I see entire teams going out there, absolutely not. But at least they would get some people to come and give them a hard time in their backyard. Right now there is very little incentive to go out there unless your just curious or are going to wrestle someone specifically.

Lets face it, wrestling teams are stratified as far as the competition goes. Not everyone on your team is high caliber and not everyone is novice. Some kids need a challenge every week to stay motivated or improve, some don't. But if you send your entire team to one tournament a week then some of your kids are being robbed of better matches somewhere else.

I know a lot of parents are perfectly fine never wrestling outside of the Wichita City Metro area until state time rolls around. If that's what they want then fine, but that's pretty narrow minded if you ask me. Of course Kansans can be pretty narrow minded sometimes, me being a cheer leader myself possibly. KS is a darn big state and the wrestling doesn't stop in Wichita there are lots of places to go and support wrestling in this state if your inclined to do so. Why should Wichita be the end of the line for everyone else.

If the series thing goes ahead, look at it this way. It will encourage the higher caliber kids to attend, doesn't mean they will all be high caliber but the emphasis is there. It also doesn't mean you have to send the entire team to everyone of them either. Take your kids who are still developing to the local tournaments let them duke it out with like kids. Nobody on here ever said don't support your local tournaments, I encourage that and have done so when it was appropriate for us.

I know for a fact that not all the series tournaments in OK are packed to the hilt, some are well attended some aren't. Most have limited entries etc.. just like we do. Not everyone goes to Lawton, OK for example. They usually have enough of them though to get decent coverage for the state and more involvement. There is no pressure to attend them and teams still put on plenty of their own local tournaments. The difference is the competition is usually a little higher caliber at the Series tournaments but that is also a matter of debate even among Okies. We only do a few of them ourselves, mostly due to our finances and availability. Got some nice T-shirts for our involvement and that's it. Nothing bright or shiny or heavy.

Here's something else to consider. There were a lot of cancelled tournaments this year for one reason or another. No series involved by the way. Did the clubs that were to host those tournaments all fold up and die? No, they didn't. They have had to make changes and adapted, just like everyone else has had to do. Attrition, is something that happens all the time. Sometimes it's a terrible thing and sometimes it leads to better things. I don't think anyone has a clear enough crystal ball at this point to say what would happen one way or another if a series were added. There are a lot more factors involved in how clubs, tournaments, and people will deal with things in the future, regardless of there being a Series in KS or not.

More fodder for the thread that would not die. Ha ha Troy

Fortune assists the daring.