I know for a fact that awesome practice partners make great wrestlers. I also know that awesome competition makes great champions!

Let me use Brycen Schroeder as an example!

If I greatly miss quote anything in here Scott Schroeder can chime in and correct me!

Mom is a teacher and Dad is a firefighter!
Very noble professions but don’t pay a million dollars a year!

The kid travels the state this year and wins every tournament!
Did not lose a single match to a KS kid this year.
He had a goal to win the Trinity this year.
This kid travels the county looking for the very best competition in the country in the WOW series!
Last year he was pinned in the first 30 seconds of the first period by Dylan Burnoski from Illinois
They knew they were going to see him again this year. They could of ran up or down a weight but they didn’t. The kid beats Brycen in Tulsa and the Trinity quest is over. But Brycen isn’t satisfied! He trains and trains and fundraises and trains and fundraises and makes a trip out to Reno for another shot at this stud. He goes to Reno, sees this kid in the finals, and BEATS HIM!
Did Brycen win the Trinity? No!
Did Burnoski win the Trinity? NO!
But Brycen earned his points and was named to the WOW All Star Team and the 8U Outstanding Wrestler.
To me, this is what I hope the KS series would be like, but on a smaller scale. I would like to see Kids from all over our state, traveling to see the best competition and using that competition to train harder to be better. Who knows, maybe if a kid gets beat over and over but has no quit in him (like Brycen this year) it might even drive him to take up freestyle! But, come state time these kids have seen each other, they have trained harder, they have learned from their mistakes or developed new tactics and then at state we get to see what kid has grown the most throughout the year and that makes him the very best.
To ME this is the perfect example on how a series would make KS wrestlers better. And this in return this grows and makes KS Wrestling stronger!