I just want to say that it saddens me to see all the push back this series idea has gotten. I really don't understand why people feel so strongly againest this.
We are really just talking about taking tough existing tournaments throughout the state. Promoting a very tough single bracket per weight. And rewarding the kids that travel the entire state and face the best competition throughout the season and do well in these tournaments.
IMO
This will only make our state series that much tougher cause these really good kids will of already wrestled in a series tournaments and will of had to go back and practice harder to be ready for these kids come state time.

This also promotes unity and communication across all the districts. It could allow some tournaments to CoOp with smaller clubs that do not have tournaments or non profitable ones. This would clean up our over crowded schedule or allow smaller clubs the chance to fundraise by helping a larger tournament.
These tougher tournaments could continue to draw more competition from across the country.
If the series produces extra money it could be used to award more kids. Maybe award the second and thrid place kids or maybe even help out by donating to the freestyle programs. Or maybe even help struggling clubs with new singlets or a donation towards much needed new mats etc etc etc.
All I see this series doing is supporting and strengthening the wrestling in our state by giving back.
Why would anyone not be in support of the ideas listed above.