Here comes my annual rant about not taking all of our studs. We had some ttough kids that bumped up to fill holes. It would have been nice to be able to let those kids wrestle their weights, and fill the 119 and 130 spots with kids that were true 119 and 130 lb kids. Kudos to Bryce Shoemaker, Dustin Reed, and Calvin Ochs for filling those holes. I believe Quinton Harrison and Connor Neal bumped up to wrestle as well. I'm not making excuses for any of these kids, and they wouldn't want me to, but you know how these big n ational events work. Other states cut, and if you don't, you are giving up big time size and strength.

I believe the Wisconsin dual was within our grasp, but got away.

Michigan was another one that we had a shot at. We took 6th, but I believe we could have done as well as 4th.

You guys that didn't come know who you are. If we want to move up from these 6th and 7th and 8th place finishes, we have to take ALL of our studs.

Tomorrow, other states will be showing up with fresh freestyle teams. We will be battling them with a sore and battered group of warriors, and once again, with little guys wrestling at 2 weights. Rest assured, our Cadets will be nails tough during Freestyle. We can only hope we stay healthy, as we only have backups at a few weights.

As a parent, you ship your kid off to these duals hoping they get a bunch of matches in, then it changes to "I wish we could get a break for some of these kids". 9 matches in greco,and we are only halfway home.

Congrats to the Cadets.