I'm here in my room of a slightly sultry Fargo! I'm looking down on the field of the Fargo-Morehead Redhawks as they are preparing for a twilight double-header.

Most of the coaching staff are over at the Wellness Center, subjecting themselves to a Charby led workout. The rest are back in their rooms awaiting a weight check in a few hours. The athletes are predictably feeling the effects of the first full day in Fargo. The Cadets arrived last night about 10:25 pm after the trip up from McPherson. A trip that was slowed by a flat tire on one of the trailers!!

Their adventures continued this morning with a 9 am practice session and then waiting in line until nearly noon, for their credentials. At 3 pm the Cadet group took a team picture ... and now, just chillin'.

Official weigh-ins for Greco are at 7 am tomorrow then at 9:30 begins the first session!

I've often talked about this lull ... this quiet before the storm ... this unmistakable tension and anticipation of what awaits! Some are venturing to Fargo for the first time in their lives, some have been here before but all, are anxious for the first whistle.

Many plan on making All-American status, which is awarded to the top 8 in each weight class. Some will see their plans accomplished. Others will sadly go ... 0-2. Yet, just by being in Fargo, during the Summer of MMX, they will have accomplished a goal!

I too am anticipating the start of the tourney! I have several Cadets to watch, some I know and many I don't. I predict 5 All-Americans in Greco!

I look forward to meeting some new people that will open my eyes to new technology. The years of my staying up till 2 or 3 am typing reports to post are past. They were replaced with Track Wrestling and wireless Internet reports from the site. Those reports will remain but seemed destined to take second fiddle by streaming video!! It will be an adventure!

The Juniors, 46 strong, will be arriving this evening. Hopefully their trip has gone well.

Well, TTFN!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant