They should be involved in the Novice division. i.e. NOVICE Championships. I echo smokey's viewpoint.

Ottawa by the way has done a very fine job of creating this tournament...why the Yank now?

I realize the centrality of Salina & the nice facility but do you really think the draw of a 6 & U State (160 kids) with 16 kids in each of the classes 37 lbs - 66 lbs & HWT = approx 10 wt. classes. 16 (wrestlers providing filled bracket) + approx 10 classes (37# - 66# + HWT. classes) x 10 fans at each wt. door admission same as USAW - Kansas wrestling fees? Will really exalt the child into further love of the sport with ultimate aim to wrestle HS & further? How would this amount offset facility fee; referee expenses, awards expenses? The Math just doesn't inch towards the black too well. tired

So, approximately altogether a State Tournament ran with USAKS funds for 160 6 & U wrestlers. Each of those 6 & U participants paying state fee's ($20.00 x 16 x 10 = $3200 for entry fees providing all brackets are full 16). Top 6 get awards (similar/identical to the State awards). (expense unknown).
Each 160 wrestler's bring 4 adults to watch and approx 2 student equivalent of approximate ($4.00 = Adult (> 13) ==> $2560 if possible; ($2.00 gate fee for each wrestler's chilfren 5-12) ==> $640...So, approximately $3,000 in gate fees.

I am unsure of Ottawa's prices.

As well, with 6 & U's being "over after" (District: Feb. 20 & State: 27 2011)--The following clubs having already scheduled their tournaments would have to eliminate 5 & 6 y.o.'s OR would you allow them to wrestle providing they wrestled in the 8 & U division? (Douglass Jr. Open & Ellworth County Open).

In it to win it.