please correct me if im wrong, but my understanding was that Ottawa stepped up and started this 6U state championship when no one else either wanted to or was willing to. In my experience, they put on a great tourny with some space issues. The last time I was there was 2007, my son's last year at 6U and they weren't running both gyms at the time. I believe Rick opened the second gym the following year. The brackets were huge and i can tell you that they youngsters in our club were excited to be going. It may make for a long season but the coaches and parents should be structuring practice and involvement for kids that age, as i have been learning over the years with my son, to keep their interest in the sport over the course of that season. I know a couple of years ago that there was a competing state tournament with Ottawa. How did that go over? I guess my question is, does this topic come up every year for vote? Every other year? Why not make the state series 7&8 year olds and let Ottatwa continue to run the 6U state tournament? Why would we vote this tournament away from a club that wants to do it? The bracket sizes show that people are willing to drive to attend this tournament.

Shawn Bloomfield
Indy Wrestling Club