Great statement bloomy6.

One last discussion on this proposal.

#1. Ottawa stepped up and allowed "all that want to go" attendance at this age...they build comraderie from within their little group of 40/50 kid bracket as well as the parents---no seeding---just show up & wrestle the "luck of the draw". If we were to have a District in each District and then a State -- I can just see the teeth & growling @ the Seeding Meeting & the "who entered what wt. & placing they received within their District" so the logistics can be set up for a placing @ State. Do we realistically think we'll have FULL 16 man brackets in each wt. class in 18 or 19 wt. groups? Counting on 80 kids sailing thru the State finals that weigh 80 lbs plus @ 5 & 6 years old. Previous reviews of National Tournaments have identified very FEW 5 & 6 year olds weigh 125 that wrestle! Where are the District 2 folks that propose this motion?

2. The 5 & 6 year olds have less than 2 years of Wrestling! Whats wrong with simply keeping them @ Novice level Championships & let them State Place @ 7 & 8?

3. Monetarily it doesn't make much revenue sense & during 'the economic times' most kids I'm sure that get 4th place @ District will decide that a 16 man bracket may yet be too big for them when they've been wrestling <5 man RR's thru the season & forego "State" and go play at Chuckie Cheese or get a new Wii game for the cost of travelling. And yet we think that the family will go watch 4A State Championships costing major $$$ perhaps not knowing anyone wrestling--these parents @ this age are interested in little Eddy!

These little guys & girls are just not ready for the Intensity that is relative to the need & gratification of the parents @ this age. NOVICE, they need to learn & have FUN without PRESSURE!/. Perhaps on another note if little Eddy is the Stud take him to a National competition & let him [color:#FFCC00]SHINE[color]!

--The research clarifies that 5 & 6 y.o.'s are not mature enough for "competitive sports"--yet each child matures at their own pace emotionally & physically. I can't find anything PRO without stating they hope the kid doesn't fold to "pressure" & this relates to a 6 y.o. soccer phenom.

Last edited by in it to win it; 10/15/10 06:49 PM. Reason: grammar/tense, text type,

In it to win it.