Quote:
Or it could be they just have so many more wrestlers that they are going to naturally come out on top in any competition regardless of if they have 6U state or not?
perhaps Sportsfan because New England wrestlers wrestle year round and the proximity between the states is very small. (MD, NJ, NY, MA, PA etc.). They also get into high priced training oppportunities that seem to easily availableand near their door. Reality justifies the double digit greater than 10 Division I Wrestling programs alone in PA, as well as D II & D III schools.

My bad forgot about HS Nationals/Virginia Beach no wonder we didn't grow in phenomenal numbers last year!

Would like to see the old Folkstyle camp return @ K-State---the middle ages on up had a blast at a very reasonable priced camp. Wrestling mats in Bramlage was a great sight to see! Perhaps having a yearly Kansas Kids Folkstyle Camp Retreat & Blast could increase our Kansas Kids "stay power"?! Freestyle/Greco camp was still in June in preparing for Southern Plains & Fargo.

Altogether, we have what we have in place, it seems to work. Why have 6 year olds "qualify" yet not have a "seeding" like the State Qualifiers do and then a State. Of which we're anticipating approx. 1/4 (80) 5 & 6 year olds here in the state of Kansas are wrestling 80 lbs and more. Why give them "the same" State hardware (6) placings when they are 5 & 6 year olds? I truly can count on both my hands the # of State placers that quit the sport before the age of 10 because they already had achieved a state championship or placing by the time they were in 3rd grade so they went onto BB..............We need to examine retention!

In it to win it.