Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
This year’s proposal is the first step in a set of proposals to come - to make 6, 8, & 10 and under a separate state tournament from the 12, 14 & HS division. That could mean 2 sub districts 2 districts, 2 state tournaments and 2 sets of seeding meetings - now that will simplify renting facilities and getting volunteers for both state championship series. I’ll bet it is more cost effective this way and will reduce travel for the coaching staffs and volunteers – NOT The idea/proposal - is let’s do it now and we will figure out how to do it later. If that is the type of CHANGE we are voting for – I hope everyone has a few more open weekends and can round up tons of volunteers.

LAST TIME I CHECKED there are only 2 days in a weekend.
So in February we will have subdistricts, districts and state for 6, 8, & 10 and then at another location there will bee 12 & 14 open tournaments going on somewhere - I guess this all happens on Saturdays. So in the month of February if you have a 10 and 12 year old they will wrestle possibly at different locations. I am sure clubs will be chomping at the bit to host a 12 & 14 only tournament on the same day as subdistrict district and state for 6, 8, & 10's. Let alone try to get refs and volunteers. Coaches from clubs will be split up also to cover tournaments in 2 locations. Sundays we should be OK for novice in February. But everyone will be stretched thin on Saturdays - unless we start wrestling on Fridays in February for 3 straight weeks.

The only thing that surprises me about you Sean is that you are able to type with that straightjacket on... How do you do that???

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com