Originally Posted By: palamino74
Good thought in all this debate how many of the 6& under parents have had their say? My 3 wrestlers are all older so I don't have much of a say in this debate but those who are the ones whose children are going to generate the fees for this tournament should have the respect of having a say in the matter

I am guessing 50% of this year's 6U parents don't even know that they are going to be wrestling parents yet. That is 50% of the 2,000 plus card buyers. Most club directors do NOT have a 6U kid wrestling and the club directors are the voters. The club directors need to be in touch with what their parents would like to have or not have.

Ottawa could continue being the District 1 host for the 6U district tournament. I wouldn't have a problem naming the state tournament in some way to recognize Rick's contributions. It is just hard to make sense out of arguing to keep the state tournament is Ottawa. It is not official, small gym, long distance travel, limited parking, and Rick himself says it doesn't make a dime when he hosts it.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com