Just want to add another perspective that hasn't been discussed (this actually surprised me).....

I asked my son and a couple of other wrestlers in our club what they thought and their opinions. These kids are now around the 12 year old age. They wrestled in the 6u state at Ottawa and have wrestled in the regular state for the older kids. They were also part of the 32-64 man brackets when they wrestled at 6U.

They response was....don't change it. Keep 6U at Ottawa like it is. I asked, even with the big brackets.....answer: yes. I explained about having it in Salina and being focused on them, etc.......answer: don't change it. They loved the 6U state at Ottawa for all the reasons that folks have stated for keeping it the same.

Now I am not sure what all this means or if it will sway the way our club votes but it was a different perspective and one that surprised me.

The only thing I know for sure is that whichever way the vote goes........A HUGE THANKS and RESPECT are owed to Rick, Matt and all the other folks that gave these kids the opportunity at Ottawa for so many years.

See you all on Sunday.

Shawn