Originally Posted By: Beeson
Let me say first, Chief, I appreciate your dedication to the sport and to the rankings. Now....Please stop making changes at least until the first match is wrestled. The rankings have changed over 25 times...and NO ONE HAS WRESTLED!!!!! Are you going to change the rankings everytime a kid moves up or down a weight for a dual? This is getting ridiculous. Please, Please, Please, wait until a match is wrestled before any more changes are made. Make the rankings mean something, not just a bunch of old men debating what should or could be.

Chad. This is the 4th year of the All-Class rankings and it is just now getting ridiculous to you? As I have stated many times the KWCA rankings are released on set dates. These AC rankings are updated as reliable information comes in. If I get an e-mail or call from a coach, parent or the wrestler notifying me that they were injured, quit wrestling, moved away, certified at a different weight or had clear criteria over another wrestler, I will change it. During the season, everybody understands bumping up in a dual is much different than moving down a weight. If the wrestler changes weights I will contact the coach and verify the weight change. I have made hundreds of calls to the coaches and will use that information to adjust the rankings. As the season approaches, the rankings take form and are ready to go at the first whistle. It also allows the wrestling community to build anticipation about potential match-ups and make plans to attend tournaments to watch those matches. If I had taken the easy way out and made no changes, some may anticipate a 135 match coming up when the kid is now 171 or lives in Kentucky. Accuracy is the goal.

What is ridiculous is you getting so bothered by pre-season rankings. Look away Chad. Look away!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12