OK, you guys have heard it. Don't worry about doing what is best for your team, put your focus on seeing this "one" match on saturday.

All that needs to happen is for all the schools in Heights pool and those in Centrals pool forfiet to us. That way we can be assured of having "this match of the season" in the first week of competition. Church, you in agreement? I can't understand why the other coaches wouldn't want to see it also. See you in the finals Church, done deal.

Guys, its the first week of the season. I would love to see that match also, but as my wrestlers know, I will not sacrifice the success of the team for one match. If it helps the "TEAM" I bump and always have. Many times over the years I have had wrestlers mad at me for bumping them up against an opponent where they lost a close match and our JV guy won the match at his weight. It produced a result of helping the team win. It taught them that sometimes you sacrifice your position in life to help someone else. Not a bad principle to learn in a world of self gratification.

I don't think Daniel or Jake have any intentions of ducking quality opponents and I know Church as myself have a job of building a team as well as developing individuals. If it happens, I'll enjoy it as much as anyone, but I'll also be counting team points before we ever get to the match.

Oh, I also don't have a problem with Chief carrying that monkey around. I've enjoyed and appreciated his work in the rankings even though I'm sure its a heavy load.

Last edited by Coach Alley; 12/02/10 04:21 AM.

You've been Coaching how long?