Originally Posted By: ShakinHandz
Pudgepacker? Are you serious? That's inappropriate for the forum. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you give low blows to get your point across. I think Pudgey has a legitimate question. This forum is for high school wrestling. What's done in the summer, even if it is impressive, should be kept separate. Bo and Austin definitely have impressive careers already. But is Austin's as impressive as Schumacher's? He's approximately 70-1(several questionable calls throughout the one loss to now Division 1 wrestler Dalton Miller) with two state titles. Not taking away anything from Austin, just wanted to put that out there. Also, at 119 shouldn't Prescott be above Haralson? He beat him twice last year.

Thanks for all your hard work Chief! Keep it up!

This argument could go on forever whether or Hood or Schumacher is better. When it all comes down to it you look at strength in both teams schedule. Austin see's a lot of good competition at the Eudora tournament. I don't follow TMP because they are way out their, but the only time that I can remember Schumacher getting competition that actually pushes him was his match with Miller. I was not their so I will take your word that their was probably some questionable calls. This year I think TMP has upped their schedule by going to the Bobcat which I think is awesome. The next thing Chief probably looks at when ranking them is the strength in both of their state brackets. In 2009 I would give the nod to Hood's bracket. He took 4th as a way undersized freshmen in a pretty tough bracket with with kids like Konner Kriss, Hunter Stalford, Alex Wolf, Clay Mulligan, Jason Perez, Ty Kolterman, and Luke Cole. The next year they were both at 112 and again I would give Hood's bracket the nod over Schumacher. With kids like Newport, Nathan Reed, Alex Wolf, Mendenhall, Kolterman, and Codie Dean it was arguably tougher than Schumachers.

I dis agree with the statement that summer achievements should be kept separate. Every magazine rankings uses Fargo as criteria to rank kids. College coaches look to see how kids do at Fargo, so keeping it separate would be ridiculous. JMO.

Originally Posted By: MCL Lighty

P.S. and absolutely NO DISRESPECT. JUST AN OPINION!
I'd rather have 2 state titles and a 70-1 record than a 4th placement, State Title, and 73-12

Also no disrepect and in my opinion I would rather have a 4th placement at state, State Title, 73-12 record, a Folkstyle National Championship, runner-up at Greco Nationals, and a Freestyle National Championship than 2 state titles and a 70-1 record.