Chief,

At 285:

How did you come to the conclusion of moving Josh Martinez of Marysville out of the rankings, but leaving two wrestlers in, John Denner of Hiawatha and Derek Holly of Shawnee Heights, he has previously beaten in the rankings?

I realize that Martinez lost to Joe Pomatto of Paola at Silver Lake, but Pomatto has a win over Broc Bennett of Pittsburg who remains 5th in your rankings despite not placing at the Bobcat Classic. Pamotto took 7th at Bobcat. Martinez also has a loss to top ranked Dillon Salmans of Hoxie.

Bennett did get good wins at Chanute over Tylor Woodruff of Goddard and Travis Anderson of Derby. With another win over Anderson at Derby.

However, his 8 losses that you have accounted for of kind stick out. I realize that he defaulted at Emporia, but that was only one match. He lost another two matches at Emporia, first to Will Geary of Topeka and then by fall to Taylor Krier of McPerson. Another three losses came at the hands of out of state competition at Gardner Edgerton, Tulsa Union, and the Bobcat Classic. He lost a 3-1 match to Woodruff at Derby. At Paola he took 3rd losing in the semifinals to Anderson.

Pamotto has lost several matches as well. With two losses to Cervantes of Oak Park, a loss to Anderson at Paola, a loss to Drew Bryant of Fort Scott, and he had a pair of injury defaults at Bonner Springs.

Now I'm going to switch gears, John Denner of Hiawatha at the 10th spot. I don't know if you are aware but Denner lost 2 to 1 in overtime to Rasmus Karlsson of Atchinson at the Atchinson Tournament. This should knock Denner out of your rankings as he has lost to Martinez at Marysville.

I don't know what you are going to do with all of the "he beat him, but he beat him" or "he lost to him and then beat him", but it just didn't seem right to have Martinez out of the rankings when he had beaten two of your top 10. Now that you know Denner has another loss you might consider reworking your rankings. If you move Martinez in the rankings, which is likely you probably can't not have Pamotto. My advice would be to do what you have done in similar situations have 11 ranked wrestlers with a tie at 10.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]