RB,

Your post kind of defines the traffic jam that is 285. One of the big factors in this class is how each wrestler has improved as the season has progressed. The default position that I've taken is to consider quality wins.

In 4A I was basically looking at a 3-way tie for the #3 spot in the rankings between Austin, Litherland, and Pomatto. So I looked at quality wins and Pomatto has two with his wins over Martinez and Bennet. He's also beaten Litherland and Austin in the regular season. Austin had no quality wins until this weekend. He lost to Denner and he didn't make weight for the second weigh-in at Eudora. He was supposed to wrestle Derek Holly at Holton but Derek Inj. Def. in the finals. Jesse took 6th at the BIT, was pinned by Pomatto and lost to the Clay Center heavy in pool play and then was pinned by the Andover Central Heavy in the placing match. Litherland and Pomatto were both in the same Bobcat bracket. Pomatto lost to the Mountain Range kid and to Bryant from Fort Scott and end up taking 7th. Litherland beat both those kids and took 3rd. The next week at Paola, Litherland took 4th losing to Pomatto and Bennet. Then at the BIT Litherland took third his only loss coming from Cervantes of Oakpark, and Pomatto took 2nd also only losing to Cervantes. Then the next week Pomatto beat Martinez.

Having said that, your point about the #10 position is a good one.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12