Originally Posted By: BLT
Chief
Why would you guys want to take some of the best kids in the state to an out of state tournament.
Not to sound selfish here but don't you think the fans of this state deserve the chance to watch some of these kids from different classes finally wrestle each other? And what about the young kids who would like to see them wrestle also.
And to take them OUT of state on that weekend just really makes me question a lot of things.
I know how much you and Will do for wrestling in KS but how will we start attracting scouts if you are dragging the best of the best out of Kansas?

I agree. And posted earlier on this same subject matter. Cheif and Will do a great thing for wrestling, but on this one I have to disagree. If the are so adamant on taking our wrestlers to one of many many Rocky Mountain Nationals then I ask why didn't they round em up for the earlier Rocky Mountain National event called Who's Bad World Championships in Pueblo colorado just a few months ago. Then ks could boast we have world champions and our wresters could of entered a drawing to win a Carmelo Anthony Autographed Basketball. (lmfao at a national wrestling event.(taboo)) Like I said earlier National tournys are fun and cool, but when they have 18 of them in one year and 5 in Colorado alone its gets a little old and watered down. 5 national titles in one year and in one state it too much especially when we have a chance to see Who's Bad right here in Kansas. Imagine the district tournys alone. They would be like any division of the High School Championships, not to mention the match ups at state all classes.

Last edited by lylegeyer; 02/25/11 02:28 PM.