G's Mom,
I read your post on the Dual Topic too. If I were you, I would also consider the number of kids that are signed up at your son's weight (I think there were already 5 of them). Dal and his coaching staff will put kids on the teams based on criteria that includes their placing at State. They will also tend to lean towards the older kid (pick a 12U kid who is a 6th grader over a 10U kid who is a 4th or 5th grader). I believe that Dal is trying to put together 3 teams this year. He will struggle to get enough kids at the lowest few weights and the highest weights so that putting together more than 3 teams may be pretty unlikely. I don't know your kids age or ability, but if he isn't put on one of the 3 teams and were to be an alternate, then his number of matches at Duals would be limited to less than the 7 or 8 that others would get. Therefore, you may want to make sure you don't miss the deadline for Brute because that could end up being the option that you want to go with. Since I don't know anything about your kid, I don't have any advice like you asked for, but since you won't know where your son falls on the team selection until a few days after the KS State tourney, I thought you would want to consider the Brute entry so that you leave both options open. Hope that helps you out.