Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby
Chief,

At 171, I think Zac Eaton deserves to be ranked a little higher than you currently have him. He wrestled the last month of the season with a "bad wheel". He blew out his knee I believe. Prior to hurting his knee he had at least 2 wins over Shirk of Norton and was undefeated. He also posted a win over Flanagin of Colby at Beloit who is ranked 5th.

He injured his knee against Shirk in the finals of the MCL Tournament and injury defaulted. He then injury defaulted and did not step on to the mat to wrestle Long of Southeast Saline at Regionals, so he has never actually lost to Long in competition even though he has the loss on his record. Two of Eaton's losses came by injury default.

This past weekend at state he gave Shirk a tough go at 4-2 in the semifinals. Eaton went on to take 3rd in the bracket. Shirk finished off a championship beating Long in the finals 2-1.

I can see where you would not move Eaton above Shirk and Long since both finished ahead of Eaton in the last tournaments of the year. However, I do not see how Flanagin can be ranked ahead of Eaton based on their head to head.

This is how I see the rankings at 171:
1. Reece Wright-Conklin - 11 - LAW - 6A - 37-0
2t. Dylan Penka - 12 - KMC - 5A - 38-1
2t. Taylor Baird - 12 - PRT - 4A - 29-3
4. Spencer Shirk - 12 - NO - 321A - 33-3
5. Brock Long - 11 - SES - 321A - 34-1
6. Zach Eaton - 12 - SC - 321A - 31-3
7. Andrew Flanagin - 12 - CLB - 4A - 40-7
8. Blaine Hill - 11 - SME - 6A - 39-6
9. Tyler Baughman - 12 - LS - 5A - 39-4
10. Tyler Hendrickson - 12 - BV - 5A - 24-6

That makes sense. I will make a few changes. Thanks.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12