4. Spencer Shirk - 12 - NO - 321A - 33-3
5. Brock Long - 11 - SES - 321A - 34-1
6. Zach Eaton - 12 - SC - 321A - 31-3
7. Blaine Hill - 11 - SME - 6A - 39-6
8. Tyler Baughman - 12 - LS - 5A - 39-4
9. Andrew Flanagin - 12 - CLB - 4A - 40-7
10t. Dominique Henderson - 12 - WH - 6A - 26-9
10t. Tyler Hendrickson - 12 - BV - 5A - 24-6

I know that Zach Pollom and Andrew Flanagin never wrestled and I am not taking anything away from Flanagin, but I do think Pollom should be ranked over him. They had three common opponents just at the state tournament. They are Hosey, Ward, and Baird. They both beat Hosey and and Ward and lost to Baird, but Pollom pinned Hosey and Flanagin only beat him by one. The score with Pollom and Hosey was 2-2 when Hosey shot in and Pollom countered and then ran a bar arm with a half and pinned Hosey. The score with Pollom and ward was 7-4. Pollom I believed led 5-0 going into the 3rd and coasted with his lead. Flanagin and Ward was also a 1 point match. Baird dominated both Pollom and Flanagin along with everyone else that he wrestled. The last argument I would like to bring up is another common opponent, Anthony Shockley. Pollom wrestled Shockley at the Garden City tournament and beat him 12-5. Flanagin lost to Shockley in their last meeting. The only other wrestler that has beat him in your top ten is Blaine Hill. He never saw Hendrickson because Hendrickson was absent at the Gardner tournament and the Johnson County Classic, and Pollom had debate state during the Bobcat Classic. Flanagin's record is a little better than Polloms but with the schedule SJA has I believe Pollom saw better competition. Pollom is a very hot and cold wrestler, and anyone who has watched him through out the year can attest to that, but on the biggest stage of the year he was on top of his game and I think he deserves some credit for that.

Not as clear as you think....

Flanagin:
Lost to Shirk 3 times. Lost to Eaton. Lost 1-0 to Keiswetter. Lost 12-11 to Shockley (wish I could have seen that one). He has beaten Archer 12-1, pinned Shockley and beat Ward 2 times. AND...He beat Baird. That's the tipping point. It is true that Baird was just coming back from being dinged but it's all I have to compare.

Pollom:
Lost to Devon Keith 4-0. Got pinned by Henness and lost to John Blazevic at JOCO 7-4. The rest were out of state guys but he then was majored by a healthy Baird. He has beaten Spencer Wilson (Is he a relative of Cokeley?) and he beat Shockley 12-5. He also beat Ward 7-4.

I completely hear you about the competition. I am considering adding Pollom just below Flanagin. Let me think about that one.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12