Ladies and Gentlemen, Parents of wrestlers, or any person with relation in the Kansas Wrestling association. I will apologize for this very lengthy statement but hope you will read it with an open mind.I send this out with the utmost respect to all other clubs and your opinions. I just really wanted some of you to have some more FACTS before you feel one way or the other about this situation. My 2 sons wrestle in the Hugoton Club. The boys that wrestle in our club from Guymon Ok, do not go to any Oklahoma tournaments. They compete with our kids in KS every weekend. They are truly valued in our club as they help with tournaments, coach on the sides at all the tournaments, help encourage and support all the kids in our club besides their own. It takes so many active parents to help have a good functioning club and these are those kind of passionate and dedicated parents.I would like you to know that these parents have strong ties to SW Kansas. Troy and Dixie grew up in Garden City. They still have many family members there and own land in Finney County, KS. Troy is in Kansas weekly because of his job. Guymon is centrally located for his range of weekly traveling he does. Jeff works for Eagle Med ( Flight for Life) in Liberal, Ks. He stays many nights a month in Liberal. Jesus and Daniel work for a corporation that expands over much the SW corner of Kansas. I believe the closest OK club would be Woodward OK, which is 2 1/2 hours away. These families have been devoted to our club and the Kansas Wrestling tournaments. I feel like it is an awesome compliment that they want to be solely affiliated with our great Kansas Wrestling Association. It is unfair that we do not let them finish the season. Is that not what we teach our kids? I am positive I have seen most of you coaches and parents enforcing that. What does that say to these kids? This should have been decided on in December on 2010 not in the middle of the season. And I strongly feel like Dist 4 should have had a vote or at the very least a representative to speak on their behalf. I would also like for all of you to know that there is only legal action for an injunction to the by laws for 4 boys to participate in the state tournament. There is no law suit for monetary damages. I do not like the courts to have to come into organizations either, but when you are backed against a wall.... who knows what I would do for my child if they were passionate about something they were being denied. I am not in that situation and it is unfair for me to claim what I would or wouldn't do.

Finally,I would like to address the young men that this is effecting, No matter what the outcome of this is, PLEASE don't give up wrestling. You boys are very talented and are a joy to be with. Your hearts are big and your talent is strong. It will be our loss if we lose you in our club. Chin up boys, this isn't personal. It is hard even as an adult not to let it become that way. So I know it is hard for you to understand.
I had one of the OK parents ask me yesterday at the Hays tournament if I was going to wear my Club shirt or even sit with them...... and they were serious! I feel like most people out there aren't hateful or would not treat my boys poorly because they disagree with my opinion or because I am a part of the Hugoton Wrestling Club. I sure hope I am right about the decency people. We are all passionate about this sport for our children and our opinions, but I ask you when you come across one of these boys, talk to them......they love this sport too!

Kristy