Originally Posted By: jule
Yes , HEADUP the club was called Texas County Wrestling. The had mats, place to practice, and a coach and everything. When Kansas said yes the first time they donated the mats to the Hugoton club and disbanned their club.

I keep seeing people on here talk about wrestling in 6 different states and they would never ask to be apart of that states States Tournament series. All I have to say is DUH!!! Why would you you don't belong to a club in that state. These boys BELONG to a club in Kansas not an Oklahoma club they choose to become a part of our state and our wrestling programs here. If we didn't want them why did we say yes they would have stayed in Oklahoma. We welcomed them with open arms. They should finish with us.

the post about wrestling in 6 states was more to put a stop to the "poor me, i have to travel" vibe that this post was beginning to send. THIS SPORT IS EXPENSIVE, AND TRAVEL IS A BIG PART OF THOSE EXPENSES for wrestlers in all 4 districts.

sounds like they will finish with US/KS. the lawsuit will surpass the time frame of sub-districts. although i hate the lawsuit, i am glad that they will get to compete for a state title.

have you not also seen the posts where people ARE members of clubs in other states, and STILL do not believe that it is there right to compete in that state's series?

so can they still practice with Hugoton after all this is said and done?

could Hugoton donate the mats back to the texas county wrestlers?

jule- sometimes things change, sometimes things are voted upon, and the ultimate outcome is unforseen. it is unfortunate that these youngsters have had such misleadings by adults.
1- having their club disbanded
2- being allowed to wrestle "out of state"
3- being told yes once
4- being told yes twice
5- being told that since you were told yes twice, it will be yes again
6- having a state committee vote, after the season had begun
7- having coaches etc. drag their feet, and fail to get signed up for OK series
8- having a lawsuit filed, ultimately throwing gasoline on a brush fire
9- thus ending any chance for an amicable decision

look i know that nix, and many other people probably think that i am a bad person. but fact of the matter is i am in this for the kids. i was taught a long time ago by my high school football coach to "see the forrest, for the trees". i really would like to see some more solutions come up, for these young men, not just for today, i mean their future. so they wrestle in the state series this year. THEN WHAT??? sometimes life doesn't have perfect endings, but they can be happy endings. if the adults in this situation take some responsibility. i 100% believe that these kids have been wronged by about every single adult in their life right now. just because the first solution failed, and the second solution will be short lived, doesn't mean that these kids are done. does it????

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"