John, if you want to know how this District 1 rep voted I will tell you. I am not ashamed of any of my votes. In 2008 I voted NO with the majority opinion, in 2009 I voted NO against the majority opinion, and in 2010 I let the argument that "you can't pull the rug out from under them” sway my vote and voted yes with the slim majority. I did say that would be the only time I would vote to allow them in the tourney. This year I voted NO and my vote is still NO.

I also voted for the amendment that would take this power out of the Board’s hands at the Fall Board meeting and spoke in favor of the amendment at the Fall State body meeting. It is not very often that elected officer’s vote to limit their authority. The Board voted to send this amendment to the body with a favorable recommendation. I guess enough of us on the Board were frustrated with debating this issue every year....and after eight pages of posts I am now really tired of it. I only hope the state body agree with me at next year’s meeting and vote to end the nonsense.