Each and every time I have been able to vote on this issue I have voted NO to their request to be allowed. I think it is ridiculous that a resident from another state would even have a desire to say they were a state champion in a state that they don't attend school in. Here are the facts:

Oklahoma's series is in February and only takes up two weekends.

The Hugoton Club was aware that these kids stood almost no chance of being allowed to compete in the Kansas series this year. The District 4 contingent of board members saw the Executive Board vote, nearly unanimously, to terminate this issue permanently.

The Guymon, OK group could have entered the Oklahoma series to safeguard participation in the likely event that they were not allowed to compete as Kansans.

Nearly 20 Kansas Kids will not be wrestling because of errors committed by their parents or club representatives this year. I would be much more inclined to fight for their participation that assist in a cause that could lead to a Kansas Kid not making it to state because they were beaten by an out of stater.

There are plenty of tournaments to wrestle in during the three weeks of the Kansas Kids series. If they want to wrestle they have choices.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com