Originally Posted By: BLT
Here is a quote taken from another thread:

Originally Posted By: Cokeley

Nearly 20 Kansas Kids will not be wrestling because of errors committed by their parents or club representatives this year. I would be much more inclined to fight for their participation that assist in a cause that could lead to a Kansas Kid not making it to state because they were beaten by an out of stater.

Now,
My feeling was that at the seeding meeting when they denied these kids the chance to register late for subs, that this was going to be used as an arguing point by the executive committiee againest the OKlahoma situation.

Im not saying Cokeley is doing this but I am saying that IMO the executive board could of made some sort of exception for these Kansas kids that got entered late but instead they would later come back and say "well we wont even make an exception for KS kids why should we do it for OK kids"

If thats the case!!!
And something COULD of been done (Executive board meeting or conference call) to allow these KS kids a chance to wrestle and we choose not to because we wanted to set an example, then shame on you! Two wrongs dont make a right!
I find it very hard to believe that there wasnt something that could of been done to allow some of the MS and HS kids through out the state that didnt get signed up for whatever reason.

There was something that could have been done. They could have signed up by the deadline. grin With that said, Doug is right, the deadline should be moved closer to the seeding meeting date.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary