Originally Posted By: lakemats
Why would KSHAA allow FHSU to dictate what we do? KSHAA should have nothing but the best interests of our Kansas student-athletes in mind. And I don't think changing our State Tournament to benefit FHSU is what's best for our young men and women. That being said, I'll probably go watch 4A on Saturday and head to Hays on Sunday. But it's still disrespectful to the 321A wrestling community.

On the contrary, I think it's a compliment to 321A wrestling community, that FHSU is willing to still host, just asking for a date change. If they really wanted to, FHSU could have said, "Sorry, KSHSAA/321A, we're hosting a Regional & you're out, cause we need to set up for OUR tournament! Besides, the colleges would rather not have people in the way, when they arrive on Friday and would like to work out."

It may not be ideal, but A) where else would 321A go? B) Like Jason said, look at the exposure that 321A will get, once those college coaches get wind of the state tournament taking place the couple of days before their's!

At least the KSHSAA got the news out now, instead of waiting for late-summer/Coaching School or fall.

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.