Originally Posted By: lil white boy
obvisouly the "funk" stokes uses worked on Gilman if he beat him? I am not from gardner but i have seen the stokes brothers wrestle alot so i have seen alot of thier "funk" which is un-describeable. What do you guys mean he is on a diffrent level?

Gilman is quick, strong and explosive. Stokes is VERY quick and strong enough to hold his own. Gilman beat Stokes by 1 the first match and the second match Stokes handled it. Stokes put him on his back not once not twice but 3 times. I am NOT against Gilman by no means he is a very talanted wrestle and congrats to him committing to Iowa! I am very intrested to see where Stokes goes.

Quagmire- If you dont beleive it just because a Gardner kid said it then ask one of the Iowa coaches. I was there to watch and recruit some kids. i seen both matches the first was a score of 3-2 the second match was 9-2.

I agree with all of the people that said Randolf is a very good wrestler and has a endless tank but again i am defending stokes but not attacking any wrestler, Stokes has beat Randolf 3 or 4 times 2 of which stokes has pinned Randolf. There is NO defence to the 3-2 match with them from what i heard it was a VERY good match Randolf was like the energizer bunny (nothing new) Good luck to him with whatever he decides to do after his wrestling season!!!

Thanks!!

First of all, my comment about the Gardner kids was a joke. I have plenty of friends that have wrestled on that team and are on the team now. Secondly, I don't know any of the coaches in Iowa that were there but, I do know Thomas. I have been watching him wrestle since the days when he was with Team Central out of Park Hill, Missouri. I will just ask him. Finally, lil white boy, you might not be from Gardner but you obviously have some close ties with them. Just out of curiosity who do you recruit for? And one more thing, that "un-describeable funk" is a nasty headlock, a sweet spladle, some unreal strength combine with some pretty sick flexibility, and natural ability to scramble in any position.