Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
I can't imagine why Stokes would go to 126 unless he just wants to take on Gilman because everyone was talking crap on him over that. I say go for it and good luck.
Also I can't understand why he was 2nd at 132 and now he is 4th at 126. I know that 126 is tough, maybe tougher but come on. I think that Stokes or probably even Schumacher should be #1. I know that this Olsen kid is legit but I am not prepared to proclaim him #1 over these Kansas studs or even Watters for that matter. I know he beat Hood but he hasn't beaten the others. And maybe Hood was just out of shape or sink because it was before the season. Schumacher is a three timer and the only reason Watters isn't a three timer is Pursel, Smith and Gentzler. Like I said, Olsen is totally legit and maybe he will prove Chief right but I would really like to see him prove it on the mat during the season and not just be anointed over the Kansas elite before the season even starts.

I was told that TJ is walking around at about 134. 126 is his correct fighting weight. As for the 126/132 comparison, 132 is light years tougher as a whole. TJ's size at that weight will be a load for those guys but I am convinced that Olsen is legit. I cannot minimize his win over Hood and his quality wins at the national level.

Originally Posted By: XGHSWC

But my personal opinion is that my Home Dog Dakota Leach should be #2 or #3 behind Cokeley.

I expect a big season from Dakota!

10-4 to all that Chief but still think that Stokes should be ahead of Olsen and probably even Schumacher should be ahead of Olsen and maybe even Watters should be, at least for now anyway. But we will see.
So 132 is tougher as you say overall but apparently the top 3 are tougher at 126 because Stokes was #2 at 132 and now he is #4 at 126. Just don't see why Stokes would go 126 when he can win it at 132. I guess he wants a piece of Olsen as well as Gilman. Or Stokes thinks Wrestling is a team sport or at least someone convinced him that it was smile , and that will make his team stronger if he goes to 126 as bigwillyxl said. Hope nobody gets snake bit on that deal.

As for 106, Dakota should still be no less than #5. He lost to Stone 2-1 at state but was lunk headed. He beat him 6-2 in the dual. No way the others should be ahead of him. But we will see.