I have a HOT topic for everyone one here....especially coming from USA wrestling!!!.....We recently became a part of AAU wrestling and have been a part of USA for the last 2 year. we began as a novic in the 8u division and last yr we were at the bottom of 10u and were looking forward to another yr in the 10u division as a 5th grader....making the transition to AAU wrestling didn't seem like a big deal until we were JUST informed at this last tourney that the age divisions were changed effective THIS season. They stated that they were based solely on birth years and nothing else. Thus any child born in the year 2003/2002 would be in 8u, 2000/2001 would be in 12u, 1999/1998 would be 14u and so on....Thus, My 10 year old is wrestling with some 7th graders....does this make anyone else crazy?? Yes, I get it-it doesn't change things for 2/3 of the kids but it drastically changes things for 1/3 of the boys and virtually bumps them up a division!!!???

My question for you all is this....is this something that is coming down the pike for USA wrestling or is this something totally off key that AAU came up with out of left freaking field? I am so ticked about it....I felt kind of blind sided a bit bc there is something to be said about the difference in maturity levels etc at all division levels....With the division changes he has still taken his brackets but it is still very very early in the season....I do not look for this to hold up for too long....as a fifth grader he will soon be competing against boys that will have been practicing 5 days a week at the MS level???....

Just curious what your thoughts would be if you were in this situation etc.....