I'm sure there are plenty of others on this forum to back me up on this, but has Tennessee ever beaten a Team Kansas dual team to my knowledge. (Unless you consider KS 4th team that they take to Middle School National duals.....) Facts are facts. Tennessee wrestling is not on the same level as Kansas wrestling. Period.

I'll give ya football, year in and year out, but not even close on wrestling.

I agree, every state should do one state championship, or at least do a grand state, so the winners of each class had a winner take all tourney. But for you to come on here and say that just because Tenn only has one state champion, that your state is tougher than ours, is crazy.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing any Tennessee kids at the Cliff Keen Kickoff Classic in Tulsa last month. I'm thinking back over the years of taking kids to that tourney, Tulsa Nationals, and Reno, and I can't remember a Tennessee kid beating one of our kids. Really good kids stick in my mind, and I can think of really tough kids from the states of IA, OK, OH, PENN, GA, TX, NM, CA, NJ, KY, IL, NE, CO, OR, WA, MO, FL, WI, MN, MI. Funny that TN is one of the states that I can't recall one of those bada$$ kids from over the years. My son wrestled a kid named Turbo Smith from TN a few years ago at Cadet Duals. Tough kid. I can't recall another super tough kid on that team, but could be wrong. I'm sure there is a few of them out there though. Look at all of the D1 talent that KS has produced. Maybe you can prove me wrong and rattle off some D1 wrstling talent from TN. I don't claim to be an encyclopedia of KS wrestling knowledge, but when someone from ahem, Tennessee, ahem, comes onto our board badmouthing our wrestling, I take exception to that. Pick your tourneys, and show me where Tennessee out does KS in wrestling. Tulsa, Senior nationals, Reno, Iowa Folkstyle nationals, middle school duals, Schoolboy duals, Cadet duals, Junior duals, Fargo......

Cherry pick one or two Tennessee kids that may be better than a few of Kansas kids, but overall, it is no match.

I know this doesn't make me right, and you wrong, but maybe you can do some research and show me something to dispute your claims of TN superiority over KS in wrestling:
Tennessee vs Kansas

Match Summary TN KS
84 Parker Howell (Kansas) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf 0 5.00
91 Tyler Meis (Kansas) over Kyle Lee (Tennessee) TF 6-0,7-0 0 4.00
98 Double Forfeit 0 0.00
105 Javier Vieyra (Kansas) over Nick Gray (Tennessee) Dec 3-2,2-2,6-0 1 3.00
112 Conner Neal (Kansas) over Dakota Bromley (Tennessee) Dec 7-1,4-2 1 3.00
119 Quinton Harrison (Kansas) over Garrett Alexander (Tennessee) Dec 5-2,5-0 1 3.00
125 Matt Johnson (Tennessee) over Bryce Shoemaker (Kansas) Dec 1-0,3-1 3.00 1
130 Calvin Ochs (Kansas) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf 0 5.00
135 Jared Johnson (Kansas) over Brandon Hunt (Tennessee) Dec 4-0,6-0 0 3.00
140 Aaron Lopez (Tennessee) over Kyle Armstrong (Kansas) Dec 6-0,3-0 3.00 0
145 Levi Eck (Kansas) over Turbo Smith (Tennessee) Dec 6-4,4-1 1 3.00
152 Keagan Matlock (Tennessee) over Anthony Gardner (Kansas) Pin 1:13 5.00 0
160 McCoy Newberg (Tennessee) over Nick Meck (Kansas) TF 6-0,8-2 4.00 1
171 Spencer Wilson (Kansas) over John Shrader (Tennessee) Pin 0-6,1:25 0 5.00
189 Darien Willis (Kansas) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf 0 5.00
215 Billy Swanson (Tennessee) over Nathan Butler (Kansas) Pin 1-1,1:20 5.00 0
285 Jaron Brown (Kansas) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf 0 5.00
Dual Meet Score 24.0 46.0

Tennessee Kansas
Team Penalties 0 0
Individual Penalties 0 0
Wins 5 11
Pins / Defaults / Forfeits / DQ's 2 5
Technical Falls 1 1
Major Decisions 0 0
Match Points 48 69
Pin Time 2:33 1:25
Tech Time 0:00 0:00

Last edited by doug747; 12/15/11 01:45 AM.