I would like to say a couple of things here:

Skylar Olson is my son and is still deep in the learning curve being newer to wrestling. He has had some good matches beating Landon Scott (MV) last year and losing 3-2 to Logan Mueller this year. But he has lost some matches due to lack of experience and knoweldge.

With that stated, Luke Henes is a class act. He has been polite and humble. Mom Henes you should be proud. He has talked with both me and Skylar sharing his insights about wrestling and learning. He is a good kid and I know that Skylar respects him a lot. While wrestling doesn't define who is....what he does defines his character and he has deomonstrated nothing but excellent character.

Mr. Cokeley was very helpful to me last season when I was asking questions about wrestling and getting additional coaching for Skylar in the off-season. While I have not met Reece personally, I have seen him wreslte and he has a reputation of being a great kid.

Both kids have had to work their butts off to get where they are and I know that Skylar and I both have talked about what he needs to do to emulate these fine wrestlers. Rankings are awesome and can be both motivating and intimidating. At the end of the day to be viewed by other wrestlers as someone you would like to emulate should be worth much more than any ranking.

Hopefully the heat of rankings will simmer a bit so that we can truly enjoy the talent these two young men have and let them enjoy a sport that requires dedication, focus, sacrifice, and bearing.

I know Skylar and I both enjoy watching these guys wrestle and as representatives from Catholic schools I know others are watching and evaluating their character and those around them at all times.

One of the great things about this is that they are both great wrestlers and I am sure that they are both better because of each other. Having someone who pushes you is a good thing.

Congrats to both of them, good luck to both, and I know Skylar is working hard because they are too.

Wally Olson