I'm an Andale guy, and was very impressed with Newton's lineup at Carroll. Doesn't seem to be a weak link at any weights. However, I don't know how they stack up against the tougher competition from across the state. I wouldn't put much weight on the Andale/Lawrence points at Maize, as there wasn't a ton of the top tier kids there. Garden City will be another good test for Newton and Andale. Andale did well at Basehor. Looks like Newton held their own at Newton tourney. But you have to realize that the rankings are based on having a Kansas tourney, with every kid from every school in the bracket. How would each school do there? I believe Andale has anywhere from 2-5 kids, that could make the finals in a bracket like that. And we have a few others that would definitely score some points. Newton on the other hand, probably wouldn't have as many finalists, but more "backdoor" kids scoring points. It is beyond me how Chief gets these rankings as accurate as they are, it takes a lot of time. But don't get too riled up over them, cause we'll never really find out who the top point scoring team is, cause we'll never have an all class tourney. I've watched Quinton, Dillon, and McEachern thru the years at the middle school, Schoolboy, and Cadet duals. They've put in the time, and it is paying off now. Good luck at Garden City, it ought to be a whale of a tourney.

Last edited by doug747; 01/17/12 04:08 PM.