The point of my post was, this is the second dual of the year where Seaman earned a victory that the “shoulda, coulda, woulda” comments were made. Seaman has been shorthanded in various ways much of the season. Three varsity wresters have spent time on the injured reserve at different points this year. Last night was no different with Stanley being sidelined with a hand injury that has kept him out of the line up most of January. Seaman has 32 wrestlers on roster compared to the 54 on Gardner’s. When we have kids out due to injury or illness we don’t have as many options as most other 5A/6A schools. Our coaches put the best line up “available” on the mat, our kids strap their head gear on, lace their shoes up tight, and compete to the best of their ability.

I wasn't able to attend the dual, but it appeared to me that Gardner had options up and down the line up. At the top end I am confused why you would go open at HWT...that decision may have impacted the final team scores. …or maybe it would have ended up the same way; we’ll never know. Great win Vikings!