To go off of 3HSWrestler's point - despite the fact that EKL boasts 2 of the better teams in the State as a whole, it also is home to some of the weaker programs. I think the skill-level and competitive balance in finals was clearly exposed. These teams have also seen each other how many times during the year between going to the same tournaments each weekend and just league dual schedules? Some matches the 2 kids in finals had seen the other 4+ this folk season.

Good matches bring fans out, regardless if it's on trackwrestling.com or on tape-delay on Metro. The issue at Aquinas last weekend was caused by lack of interest by over half (5) of the schools competing.

BTW - I was really impressed for BVSW program and fans. For a school that's only 2 years I feel like they were adding a nice change-of-pace to the Blue's of STA and GE. I hope that BVSW is able to continue to build on that every year and the other Blue Valley district schools continue to improve. Lord knows it's an uphill battle for most of those programs, for various reasons and those coaches are definitely busting their humps to change that culture.