Originally Posted By: Steve O
As a wrestling coach, I cringe at League. My partner in crime and I believe in the same mantra: "League? Don't get hurt!" I have seen some pretty ugly injuries over the years at League tourneys, severely impacting a young man's ability to compete at State.

Coach O, during the high school season I cringe every day. My dad always told me, if you don't think you are going to get hurt, you won't get hurt (this is from a guy that once went to the other team's huddle at a football game after a play and didn't realize he was on the wrong side of the ball).

My point is, I try to remember what my dad told me, but I am concerned every day during the season about my son getting banged up in practice, during a dual, or during a tournament (not to mention making weight and eluding the skin infections). Wrestling is not the nicest sport one can compete in, and as I have seen with our team this year, not one that competitors will not get injured. One more thing, think like my dad and not like me, if you don't think that you will be hurt, you won't get hurt.

Lee Girard