As you can see in my last post that is a lot ex Kansas youth and high school wrestlers who are now wrestling and furthering their college educations in Kansas. As you know in our new economic world it is very difficult to find good jobs. Statistics show that on the average people with college educations have an easier time finding jobs and earn more money in their careers. I think that is going to be even more important in the future. Look at that list of young men who are now wrestling at Kansas colleges. You have to wonder if all of them would have been attending college if not for the opportunity that college wrestling is giving them. You can see they are from all over our State of Kansas. That is why Statewide support is imperative. We need everyone to contribute something. I have put up a goal of at least $10 a month or $120 a year for individual donors. But if you can not afford that send in what you can afford $5, $10, $25, $50 or whatever you can afford at this time. The important thing is to start now and become a donor in 2012. I would like to see at least 500 individual donors in 2012. Even high school wrestlers and college students who work in the summer can probably afford to send in a small contribution and it would be an important start to a lifetime of giving to the sport that has done so much for them. I believe we should easily be able to build a base of at least 1,000 individual donors in five years. It would be disappointing to me if we did not. Do you agree?

Below you will find who to make the check out to and where to send it. You will also find a letter that the Kansas College Wrestling Fund made out to promote individual donations. Please consider become a donor in 2012. Promote this fund. Read the letter and think of all these young men that I have listed and the future ones now in Kids and High School wrestling in Kansas. Let's not let our Kansas college wrestling programs go away like the UNO and other programs have. Remember once upoon a time Kansas University and Kansas State University and a few other Kansas colleges had wrestling programs. We need to stop the dropping of college programs and contribute to continue making college wrestling programs grow in Kansas. By the way I can send anyone who is interested a better looking copy of the letter below and an official donation form if you want one. Just send me a personal private message requesting whatever form you are interested in.

Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Dear Friends of Wrestling:

The time has arrived for the Kansas College Wrestling Fund (KCWF). We have partnered with USA Wrestling-KS, the Kansas Wrestling Coaches and Officials Association, the business community, and our Kansas Wrestling families. Respectfully, we ask your consideration for a donation to our “KCWF Forever Fund.”

Far too many college/university wrestling programs have been lost the last few decades. The recent announcement that perennial NCAA D II powerhouse U. of Nebraska-Omaha (UNO) discontinued its wrestling program shocked the entire wrestling community nationwide. Who would have thought that a university whose team had just won its third consecutive National Championship would be dropped? Given this happened to a stellar program recently, we all acknowledge any and all college wrestling programs are now vulnerable.

Every time a program is cut, our student athletes lose their chance at a college wrestling and educational experience/opportunity that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. How do we combat this erosion of college wrestling programs in our nation, and in particular, in our state of Kansas?

We believe that the wrestling community (wrestlers, parents, coaches, referees, fans and other interested parties) needs to step up and financially support our current in-state programs. Let’s build a fund that will give a noticeable and strong level of support to our existing Kansas college programs. By participating in the “KCWF Forever Fund” college wrestling opportunities will be alive and well in our state for decades to come!

The KCWF will be a “Forever Fund.” It will serve the wrestling community for decades to come. For this initiative to become successful we ALL need to support it with our financial contributions, talent, and time.
There are many ways to customize your contribution and any assistance provided will be tremendously appreciated. No donation is too small! If you personally cannot contribute, that is understandable. Perhaps you know of someone or a business that will be interested … feel free to pass this letter forward.

In closing, please consider the “KCWF Forever Fund.” And please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions. Thank you very much for your time and consideration for the Kansas College Wrestling Fund!

Sean McCarthy, Chairman
KCWF Forever Fund
913.491.5837 (home) / smokeycabin@hotmail.com

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions