Originally Posted By: firehawk88
Don't take the bait Austin. Some people have inadequacy issues. We all know records are a reflection of the caliber of competition you wrestle.

Same bs argument as last year. A kid that is 8-20 and did not win a match in regionals, has no business being at state. Records like 3-6 7-27 3-10 1-4 9-18 6-10 7-15 8-16 5-11 8-12 3-13 have no business being at state. I have no problem with a kid earning his way to state but being in a four man bracket at regionals is a joke. Even having to win 1 match at regionals is a joke.

The state tournament should be the tuffest tourney of the year. 5a and 6a State will NEVER be the tuffest tourney of the year with out a change.

I have no inadequacy issues. Please tell me where all these high caliber kids are?
Please tell why you think a 4a kid with a 32-9 record has not wrestled any high caliber kids?

Records are a reflection of how good you are. I would bet a lot of money that no one with single digit wins and double digit losses places at state. I would bet even more that 90% of them go 2 and out and the other 10% might win 1 match after there first loss.

If thats the competition you want at your State Tourny, well thats pretty sad. It should be the best of the best. Its just an easy 1st round win and guaranteed team points for that 1st place regional kid wrestling a 4th place regional kid.

5 kids in 4a state this year have single digit wins, all of them had to win 3 matches at regionals to make it to state.