Lucas man, I hear you, usually loud and clear too.

No one wants to see those kids with losing records in the state brackets, but not because they think those kids with losing records don't belong at state. It is because we know those losing records will give close minded, tunnel visioned people a reason to gripe about 5A and 6A and call for a combined class. Yes, the numbers you provide about losing records are hard to miss and hard to ignore. We agree that it's not the best thing, but combining the classes would just create a worse problem.

Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
Can't wait to see it and especially the team rankings, 5 of the top 10 will be 5A teams I would predict.

With 4 of the top 10 from 6A, I would think there would be no more discussion about combining 5A and 6A when 9 of the top 10 teams in the state come from this yearly proposed combination class. It should be air apparent why the classes exist and are the way they are with all due respect.

Yeah, I've got a great idea. Let's have three classes and put 9 of the top 10 teams in the state in one. We'll put one in the second and put zero in the third. Yeah, that's it, that sounds fair, let's do that, that sounds logical, that sounds like a great idea.
Talk about kids that "deserve" to be at state that won't be (5A/6A kids), you just found the instant recipe for that. And there would be a load of 4A and 3A kid's at state that didn't "deserve" to be there under a scenario that combines 5A and 6A.

Sorry to hijack your thread Chief. But invariably I am sure that I will cut and paste my post to some other threads with dumb a.. comments. And if anyone is compelled to respond to my claim please do so on another thread. Start one and title it Contradiction to X if it pleases you. Or some asinine comment like 5A and 6A Should Be Combined, Yeah!!!

Some how I knew that would come up again.

First let me state that Chiefs rankings are extremely accurate. They are definitely not some "educated guess". More likely they are "high probability predictions" made from analysis of mountians of information, data, results, comparisons, that is facts.

The variable presented above (team all class ranking) is just one variable. There are many others as well. The only variable Lucas and some others look at is the record thing and that is not a true reflection of the strength of a class or its wrestlers and the toughness of the class or the achievement of state champion or even qualifier of the said class.

The losing records Lucas is a reflection of the level of competition the wrestlers experience and the regional alignment. You really don't understand everything that goes into it. Take my son's weight. In his bracket there are kids with losing records that wrestle for Lansing, Emporia, Andover Central and Aquinas. If you knew anything, you would know that these are top notch programs with elite wrestlers. You would know that you have to be good just to make the team. You would know that if you make the team you will endure the toughest schedule of competition imaginable where placing will be as hard or harder than state, even the mighty 4A state. And if you make it thru it you will have a "chance" to go to state. These kids I speak of are definitely good enough to be at state. They would definitely make the 3A state and probably the 4A state. You really don't understand that component and several other components of the argument with which you so strongly pursue.

The regional alignment is a separate issue that I have discussed before and don't want to get into now. It is a KSHSAA issue and will probably never go away so it may be not even worth wasting time on although going to 2 regionals that qualify 8 each as some have proposed I believe would cure the problem.

Now as for me Lucas, I am certainly not hiding behind letters. First of all I do not need to leave me name because I am usually not accusing anyone so there is no need for anyone to face some said accuser. In others words, I do not put derogatory post on here that warrant a name for validity. I had this discussion with AAA recently at Chanute. Also, as I explained to AAA, I want people to focus not on me but on my posts. My name is not important. However everyone that knows what's up in Kansas wrestling knows who I am. If they weren't clever enough to figure it out right away, there have been clues over the years to assist them and most have figured it out by now. I just left some more clues above. Beeson just left another clue as well. He obviously knows who I am. Go back and check and figure it out and some of my posts in the past may make more sense. A lot of people know who I am and I haven't changed my alias yet so obviously I am not hiding. I am sorry that you have been left out of the loop for so long but don't get offended, its not personal.

Start promoting more harmony Lucas. We are Kansas Wrestling and we should be proud of everything about it. Many of us compete with other class wrestlers on National teams, etc. and consider each other colleagues throughout the season at various competitions, etc. and we don't want to be a part of this class warfare thing.